We are excited to welcome #1 New York Times bestselling author, Mitch Albom, for a very special event and we hope you’ll join us for an intimate conversation with Mitch, author of “Tuesdays with Morrie” and “Five People You Meet in Heaven,” as he reflects on his life-changing experience with Chika.
Moved by the suffering he witnessed after the devastating Haiti earthquake of 2010, author Mitch Albom adopted a failing orphanage in the city of Port-au-Prince for his charities. There he met Chika, a bold and curious five-year-old girl, who had developed a life-threatening brain tumor. With no doctors in Haiti able to help her, Albom brought Chika into his home with the hope that medical care in the U.S. could cure Chika’s illness. They were an unlikely family – Albom and his wife were in their late 50’s, Chika was a fireball of pre-school childish energy, with endless questions about her new country, its people, and the world around her. The story of their journey and the many things they learned along the way is told in Albom’s new book “Finding Chika.” It is Mitch’s hope that audiences will be moved by Chika’s courage, enlightened by her journey, inspired by her humanity, and empowered to help ease the suffering of children worldwide.
It will be an inspirational evening filled with funny and tender anecdotes and moving photos and video from his time with the amazing Chika, who like Sophie Quayle, suffered and died as a result of a DIPG diagnosis.
Watch the book trailer here.
******** PRE-SALE EVENT ********
Tickets available now.
With pre-sale event tickets, you will receive:
- Premium orchestra seating
- A gift-wrapped book sent to the address of your choice in time for the holidays
- The opportunity to meet Mitch Albom and receive a personalized autograph of your book at the “Mitch Meet and Greet” starting at 6:30pm on the evening of the event.
- $40 for an individual ticket
- $75 for a couple (2 tickets and 2 books)
Pre-sale form and payment must be received by December 15, to guarantee delivery of gift-wrapped book before December 25.
******** GENERAL ADMISSION ********
Online tickets available on or after December 16, 2019.*
With general admission tickets, you will receive:
- Orchestra or mezzanine seating
- A copy of the book when you arrive at the event
- Possible opportunity to have your book signed by Mitch following the event (time permitting).
- $30 – orchestra seating
- $25 – mezzanine seating
*Check back on December 16 to access these tickets.
~~ All proceeds benefit Smiles For Sophie Forever; A Foundation Confronting Pediatric Brain Cancer. ~~