Reply To: What would you do for one more day?

Home Forums For One More Day What would you do for one more day? Reply To: What would you do for one more day?

Rmrankin50

If I could spend one more day with someone from my past, it would be John.
I met John in Jul. 2007 on the internet. In Aug. we spent a weekend together in the Monongahelia National Forest in the Appalachian Mts. He owned a cabin there. In Sep. we flew to Ft. Lauderdale for a week and in Dec. we went to Orlando. In Nov. we bought a spacious 3-bedroom home and on Christmas Day, we got engaged. This is where the fairy tale ends.
In Jan. 2008, John got a diagnosis of lung cancer. For the next 8 mos. he was in and out of the hospital and went through radiation and chemotherapy treatments. The last month of his life, his doctors stopped the treatments and hospice came in. From the cancer diagnosis till his last breath, I was by his side 24/7. John died on Aug. 13, 2008, just 2 days after my birthday. We were to be married on Aug. 30.
I believe John could help me move past his death, the animosity I feel towards his grown daughters who took advantage of him until the bitter end, and several others who ran over top of him with their ill will and general hatefulness. I think he’s show me how to love and not be afraid of a new relationship with a significant other.

Pin It on Pinterest