Reply To: Is it far more comforting to think God listened & said no…

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Is it far more comforting to think God listened & said no… Reply To: Is it far more comforting to think God listened & said no…

Jlsearle

It’s an interesting one for me.
I have been through the mill more times than I would wish on anyone, and I am only 18 – so many good people I know (myself included), that beilieve in God, have had bad things happen to them. The kind of bad things that you wouldn’t want to wish on anybody.
But still we believe, still we pray, still we keep our faith.
We don’t have the answers – we can’t explain – we just have to accept, and those of us that truly love God, accept willingly, happily and openly.
We don’t need to understand why things work the way they do.
Why things don’t seem fair.
We don’t need to try and figure the answer to this question out.
Why?
Because we all share a blind faith, a belief that is so strong, so powerful, that even the most saddening of events cannot pierce our faith.
So when these painful, incomprehensible things happen, we don’t say ‘It’s part of God’s plan’; we don’t look for comfort in God listening and saying no; we don’t yell at the Lord for what has happened; we simply accept, because we love the Lord.
You may call me and my friends sheep for thinking and feeling this, but there are no words to describe the strength, the power, the love and the unity that we all share because of our faith.

Pin It on Pinterest