Reply To: Is it far more comforting to think God listened & said no…

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Is it far more comforting to think God listened & said no… Reply To: Is it far more comforting to think God listened & said no…

Honey

I think, in order to comprehend this statement, that God listened and said No, if it’s to be believed, then this means God is capable of saying Yes, and that God then does intervene in our lives. Now this is fundamentally different from the notion of “free will” because in order to intervene, as so frequently, in prayer, this means that “others” if the prayer is answered, will be moved, and in ways they cannot know. I am saying, you cannot have it both ways. Either God is involved in the miracle or God is not. And IF God is involved in the miracle, or that refusal, then God is part of the story, meaning the “entire story”.For me, Yes, of course it’s comforting to think God listened and said no, because I honestly know, that my life cannot be random, and that God is always present, as an active force within my life. Now when the Jews ask to be written in the Book of Life at Yom Kippur, known as the Day of Atonement, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar, this is surely, what is “understood”. And so IF God is responsible, in any way, then God intervenes in our lives, one way, or, the other. Yes and No are connected words.I have a very Sufi understanding of life these “daze” as I am walking visibly through a story that does connect all the threads of my life, meaning everything I am doing, in amazing ways that I am recording, and I do say, and can prove, that we are all of us, doing a cosmic dance with each other. The Sufis do see, within all of us, within all creation, the Divine. Read Rumi and Rumi nate on his beautiful words that are entirely about a vision of all creation that is all awe, allah, another name for God.God has many incarnations, as this beautiful book, “have a little faith”, is saying. We all have the same God, but we name God, differently, and we practice worship, in diverse ways. It’s one verse, universe, but it is di verse, because I think we must and do rejoice in the great variety of cultural expressions of worship, and culture itself. I wrote to a good friend, who expressed some beautiful thoughts this morning about life, that the word comfort and come for, are close, and I am saying to come forth is to find God in big and small ways in life, and that this is the quest that underlies our very beings, as souls. If you love anything with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might, given the notion that we are all of us aspects of Divinity, then, whether you believe in God or not, or stand on the fence, you will have fulfilled that commandment, to love with all one’s heart, with all one’s soul, and with all one’s might, God.I listen to the words, and I am saying life is a door, and life is, adore, and that this journey we are all taking is deeply about just that.

Pin It on Pinterest