Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Matt.bello

Hello, I would like to start off by introducing myself! My name is Matt, I have been a faithful reader for quite some time, and I have always found inspiration in all of Mitch’s literature. Without taking up too much room on this discussion I would really like to share with everyone here how I share Mitch’s work. I really enjoy highlighting anything that strikes a interest throughout each book, and then pass it on to five other friends. My only requirement is that each individual highlights anything they see of interest with a different colored highlighter. After all five friends have read the piece, I simply enjoy it again. The book really opens up when you include the perspectives of others.

pg. 11
“Here on earth, falling is less dramatic. You drift. You wander off ”

pg. 36
“There was a sermon where he brought a squash and a piece of wood, then slammed each with a knife to show that things which grow quickly are often more easily destroyed than those which take a long time”

pg. 57
“He had a way of looking you in the eye and making you feel the world had stopped and you were all that was in it”

pg. 58
“Upon retirement, he voluntarily moved out of his large office and into a smaller one.”

pg. 73 “That was the cliff. And off it he flew.”

pg. 79
“Personally, I always wondered about authors and celebrities who loudly declared there was no god. It was usually when they were healthy and popularand being listened to by crowds. What happens, I wondered, in the quiet moments before death? By then, they have lost the stage, the world has moved on. If suddenly, in their last gasping moments, through fear, a vision, a late enlightenment, they change their minds about God, who would know?”

pg. 128
“To think that you died and no one would remember you. I wondered if this was why we tried so hard to make our mark in America. To be known. Think of how important celebrity has become. We sing to get famous; expose our worst secrets to get famous; lose weight, eat bugs, even commit murder to get famous. Our young people post their deepest thoughts on public Web sites. They run cameras from their bedrooms. It’s as if we are screaming, Notice me! Remember me! Yet the notoriety barely lasts. Names quickly blur and in time are forgotten.”

pg. 101
“Having more does not keep you from wanting more. And if you always want more-to be richer, more beautiful, more well known-you are missing the bigger picture, and I can tell you from experience, happiness will never come.”

pg. 8 “Man likes to run from God.”

pg. 22 “I never want to die.”

Pin It on Pinterest