Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Aubree717

Recently in my college English class my teacher assigned our class a book to read. Normally I don’t like reading books that people tell me I have too. But since it was for a college grade I decided I had better give it a try. Have a Little Faith is truly an amazing book. The words are so powerful and have such meaning behind them. I would love to have met the reb and henry, it would also be an honor to meet Mitch. He has such talent and not just in writing but in many many ways.
I have several favorite quotes lines and sections from this book. There are so many strong words that come from this book, actually not just the book but from Albert, Henry, and Mitch. I do favor Albert’s quotes the most though. I wish I had known Albert and been there to listen to his sermons because that is where some of my favorite quotes come from.
The first quote I marked in my book is on page #59 and it is from a sermon that the Reb did in 1958. “A little gir came home from school with a drawing she’d made in class. She danced into the kitchen, where her mother was preparing dinner.
“ ’Mom, guess what?’she squealed, waving the drawing.
“ ‘What ?’ she said, tending to the pots.
“Guess what?” The child repeated,waving the drawing.
“What?” the mother said, tending to the plates.
“Mom, you’re not listening.’
“Sweetie, yes I am.”
“Mom, ‘the child said, ‘your’re not listening with your eyes.’’
The last words of this are so amazing. The feeling I got when I read that is indescribable. If this was just a portion from one of his sermons I can’t even imagine what the rest would be like. I wish I could go and listen to him, I’d probably ask if I could record him.
Another one of my favorite quotes is from page #79, Albert says to Mitch “When you come to the end, that’s where God begins.” This literally gave me chills when I read this. I just can’t express how much power that Albert has behind his words, and he doesn’t even realize it. It’s like he just speaks right from God, telling us things that God wants to know.
One other quote from Albert to Mitch is on page # 227 and Albert says to Mitch “You’re a man of God, too,” he whispered. “Everybody is.”
Where does Albert come up with these things, I know that Albert left this world with many things unsaid. This is a terrible loss, I believe. I wish Mitch had of got to spend more time with Albert so he could add to his book.

Pin It on Pinterest