Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

KMarsee13

At first, the book was not interesting to me because I am more into fiction novels. After reading the second part of the book that our teacher assigned, I ended up loving this book. There are so many hidden points in the book that are implemented. It was very heartfelt and left me enriched with wisdom.
There are many quotes that I fell in love with in this book, the first being on page # 127. Mitch is talking to the “Reb” about going to heaven and what people think about it. He asks him what people are most afraid of when they die. The “Reb” says “Being forgotten.” To me, this is amazing, because I have said the same thing before, I dont want to be forgotten when I pass. I want my memory to live on for people to remember and enjoy. I believe that there are many others that want this too.
Another quote that I adore is on page # 143. The “Reb” says to Mitch, “That kind of love- the kind you realize you already have by the life you’ve created together- that’s the kind that lasts.” Mitch and The “Reb” are talking about love and how strong of a relationship The “Reb” and his wife have. I found this quote to be so sweet because of all the things that him and his wife had went through together. The created so many moments together by raising their children, dancing at their weddings, and supporting and cherishing each other. By doing these things, they have so much love by realizing the life they made together.
Next, on page # 160, I found a quote that really sparked a thought in my mind. It is during another conversation between Mitch and The “Reb”. They are talking about the world having so many imperfections. The “Reb” says, “It’s the blending of the different notes that makes the music.” It made me think about how there are so many denominations in religion, and how some of these do not believe in serving God as the One. It makes for alot of diversity, though. If everything was the same, the world would be boring. Like The “Reb” says, “The genius of life is its variety.”
Pastor Henry says during one of his sermons, ” You knew me. You knew that person, but you don’t know the person that I’m trying to become. ” Amazing! People in society these days are so judgemental and do not care to say anything about anybody. People that are trying to recover from their pasts can’t move on because of peoples harsh words. They always bruise people about the things they used to be and causes them to get discouraged. This quote should be something for all people trying to recover from past problems to think of. It’s not what you were, it’s what you’re trying to become.
This is by-far, one of the best books I have read, and it took me until the end to realize it. Some things, quotes, and implemented stories in this book will stick with me, forever.

Pin It on Pinterest