Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Brandi N

A few weeks ago, my English teacher assigned us to read Have A Little Faith. Honestly, I didn’t want to read it at all. I just couldn’t make myself pick up the book and begin to read; I thought it wasn’t of my interest. So, after a week or so of staring at it laying on my desk in my room, I finally picked it up to read because I only had a few days left. As soon as I started reading, my mind immediately changed. Now I know where the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover” holds truth. It is an awesome book. Without a doubt it has became one of my all time favorites! I can’t wait to read Tuesdays with Morrie.
To begin with, I love quotes. This book has so many of them, it’s hard to choose which one is my favorite, so I have several. A lot of them come from Albert, even though there are a few good ones from each character, Albert’s touch my heart the most. He seemed to be more than an incredible man. I would have definitely loved to meet that guy in person.
One quote that actually came from the bible itself is so amazing. It’s on page 10 and the words are so true. It states,
“My thoughts are not your thoughts
Neither are your ways my ways
For as the heavens are higher than your ways
And my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”

I just love it. It clearly states how no man is above God and everyone is equal. Not one person is in place to look down on anyone. A lot of people seem to do that. Some people think they’re above and beyond others, when they’re not; we’re all equal in God’s eyes.
A second quote that literally melted my heart is on page 59.
“A little girl came home from school with a drawing she’d made in class. She danced into the kitchen, where her mother was preparing dinner.
“ ‘Mom, guess what?’ she squealed, waving the drawing.
“Her mother never looked up.
“ ‘What? She said, tending to the pots.
“ ‘Guess what?’ the child repeated, waving the drawing.
“ ‘What?’ the mother said, tending to the plates.
“ ‘Mom, you’re not listening.’
“ ‘Sweetie, yes I am.’
“ ‘Mom,’ the child said, ‘you’re not listening with your eyes.’”

This touched my heart tremendously.

There are so many more quotes that I loved, but I believe it would take all day to name them! I just want to say this book touched my heart. Every part of it. The Reb was such a whole hearted, solid, good man. You don’t find more like him any more. This book was outrageous and I can’t wait to read more!

Pin It on Pinterest