Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

PorscheaH

We recently read have a little faith in my english class. Let me start by saying that absolutely loved this book. I found it very inspiring and easy to relate to. While reading this book, there were some quotes that stuck out the most to me.
“But we do have a home, we just don’t have a house to put it in”. This almost broke me heart. It’s true, I think it doesn’t matter where you live as long as you have your family you will always have a home.
And whenever the Reb is talking to Mitch about the picture he found and Mitch says “I dont understand. From your religious viewpoint, these people were the enemy”. And in return the Reb says, ” Enemy schmenemy, this was a family”. I thought this was very insightful. He was wise enough not to judge these people just because their religion was different from his.
I also liked it when the “Reb” told Mitch that he was a man of God too, that they were both equal in His eyes. And this would also be unbelievably true. I agree with the Reb and I think he was a very wise man. Henry is also amazing and a very good example that no matter who you are or what your past may hold, that God loves you and will forgive you. And he helped others the best he could. I truly admire both of these extraordinary men and would have been honored to meet them.

This was a great book and I am very excited to read his other works. I would encourage anyone who hasn’t gotten the opportunity to read it, to do so. I will never forget this book.

Pin It on Pinterest