Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith Reply To: Favorite lines from Have a Little Faith

Chousley

We have just finished reading Have A little Faith in my English 101 class. There are a few quotes and lines that have stuck out to me and meant something while I read the book. One of the quotes is “Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” I like this particular quote because there are a lot of people that go to church and believe in God, but then they turn around and criticize others for what they used to do. They are very rude to people and think they are always right and what they believe is the only right way to believe. To me this is what this quote is saying and I absolutely love it. Another quote I absolutely loved is ” You’re not listening with your eyes.” I loved this because so many people say they are listening when they are texting or watching TV or in this case, cooking. You can’t be actually listening until you are looking and paying attention. So many people do this now days. Finally the last quote I will tell you is ” Look. I know what you believe. It is in my soul. But I constantly tell other people: you should be convinced of the authencity of what you have, but you also must be humble enough to say that we don’t know everything. And since we don’t know everything, you must accept that another person may believe something else.” This is probably my favorite quote in the book. There are so many people that believe different and believe that their way of believing is the only way. Which is not true. Like this quote said, we have to accept that people have different ways of believing. You can’t really prove that your way is the only right way. This book has so many quotes that I can relate to, if I wrote them all, I would be here for days. This was one of the best books I have read. I can’t wait to read the next one!

Pin It on Pinterest