Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Larry W

Have a Little Faith is one of the most amazing books I have ever read. It fills you with all kinds of different emotions and seems like such a person as the Albert Lewis or Henry Covington couldn’t possibly be real. I had to ever so often take a step back and say, “This is not fiction; these are real people.” At first I didn’t think I could possibly be interested in this book, thinking it would be a bland religion based book I wasn’t very excited about having to read it. It didn’t take long for me to turn completely around. The way Mitch writes it makes you feel like you are right there in the Reb’s office or in the freezing church with Henry. And all along the way you see that the Reb is shaping, helping, teaching Mitch. He turned a short question into one of the greatest lessons Mitch had ever learned, “Will you do my eulogy?”(1). Taking him on an eight year long journey to return him to his faith and teach him about the deeper meanings of the world. Mitch then allowed us to share in his journey. You can’t help but take a vast amount of lessons away from this book. Between the deep meanings behind the Reb’s answers to the simplest of questions, the story of Cass and the help he was given by a complete strange, and the blunt irrational teachings of Henry you get sucked into an amazing story. It’s a story of two completely different men that can still share a common view of the world. They both can see good in people underneath all the bad, and accept the people around them as they are. They don’t force beliefs on others they only try to help those in need, and if they want guidance in religion than that’s just a plus. We should all try to live our lives a little more like Albert and Henry helping those in need.

Pin It on Pinterest