Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

My dual credit english class has just finished reading Mitch Albom’s book, “Have a Little Faith”. This was absolutely one of the greatest books I have ever read. It opens your eyes to so many things that a person normally don’t pay attention to. My favoritest person in the book is Albert Lewis or The Reb. He is such an inspiration. He is so selfless and open minded. For instance, when The Reb talks about different religions co-existing. He explains to Mitch the reason why there are so many different religions. The Reb said, “Would you want the world to all look alike? No. The genius of life is its variety”(160). This is so true. Its amazing how The Reb looks at it this way. Not to mention The Rebs attitude. he rarely gets angry at anyone and he is so forgiving. When he finds out that it was the doctor’s fault for him getting more ill than what he was, Albert just says that they were just doing their jobs. The world definitely needs a few more Albert Lewis’. I also have a lot of respect for Henry Covington. I think his story is amazing. For him to have gone through what he did then turn his life around the way he did, he is a good man. I especially like how Henry doesn’t deny his past. He even uses himself as an example in his sermons. Also, I love how good Henry is to the people. No matter what they’ve done or what they are doinghe treats them all the same. He is a very caring, compasionate man. The senserity of both The Reb and Henry is truely an inspiration. Have a Little Faith is the kind of book that makes you reflect and think about what kind of person you are. Personally, it made me want to be a better person. I can’t wait to read more of Mitch’s books.

Pin It on Pinterest