Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

A few weeks ago my English teacher handed us this book with the promise, “You are going to love it!” I must admit that my first thought was ‘yeah, right’. I thought I didn’t need or want to read a book about “some old man” and all his religious views. Much to my surprise, this book wasn’t that way at all. I actually loved reading it. That “old man” I thought I would dislike before reading about this book is actually someone who I wish I’d of had the privilege to meet.
The Reb has some amazing outlooks on life, love, religion, and just about anything else you could imagine. One quote in the book that particularly stuck out to me was when The Reb says “When you come to the end, that’s where God begins” (79). I don’t think I have ever heard more true words in all my life. It’s very easy for us as people to believe that when we hit rock bottom, there is no way back up. That there is no hope for us. It’s easy to start feeling depressed and hopeless and almost forget that there’s someone out there listening to us, wanting to help. However, we also forget that God doesn’t work around our agenda, He works on His own. Just because we want a quick fix to all of our problems, doesn’t mean that’s always what we need. God knows that. So I think that this quote is saying that when you’re at your worst, God is there to start helping you back up. Although, in my opinion, if The Reb would have expanded on his idea farther, he would have added that even though God is helping us, He may do so in small ways to start with. This could lead us to believe He is not helping us at all, but in reality He really is.

Pin It on Pinterest