Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

LaceTurner

Have a little faith was recently assigned to my Dual Credit English Class and I thought “Oh no, not another book!” But, surprisingly this book changed my view on reading assignments…FOREVER! I absolutely loved this book and enjoyed every minute of it. I laughed, I cried, and I learned a lot from it. I guess one of my favorite parts would be when the Reb says, “That kind of love- the kind you realize you already have by the life you’ve created together- that’s the kind that lasts,”(193). This was I believe the best advice about love that I had ever heard.
The Reb had so much wisdom and was still so humble. Reading “Have A Little Faith” made me have the feeling that I was acquainted with him personally.
Another amazing quote from the book that I enjoyed was, “When you come to the end, that’s where God begins,”(77). This chapter of the book was talking about science and how people tried to say that how could there be a God when science explained it all. I believe the Reb was so true; God is at the end and beginning of all creation. No matter how far science wants to travel back they can never get past that one question, “Well what came before this?”
This book was such an enjoyable read that I would read farther than what I was assigned. I would literally be taking orders at work and be reading at the same time, I never wanted to put it down. This book is very inspirational also and anyone who questioned if there was a God would be a believer by the time they got mid-way through it. Mitch Albom is a very wonderful writer and I cannot wait to read what else he has in store.LaceyTurner

Pin It on Pinterest