Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

My English 101 class recently completed reading your book “Have a Little Faith”, and the least I can say is that it was amazing. It was hands down, one the most wonderful books I have ever read. From page to page, I experienced endless goose bumps, and there were countless times where my eyes filled with tears and I felt choked up. I think Have a Little Faith could give hope to the hopeless, bring God into the lives of the God-fearing, and widen the minds of the close-minded. Your book could easily be considered art. It was amazing the way two completely different people from entirely different backgrounds could be so much alike. It almost seems like a message to everyone screaming “People are people!” And telling us that we are not that different from one another—stop the hate!
This actually brings me to one of my favorite parts of the book, “‘but what if someone from another faith won’t recognize yours? Or wants you dead for it?’ ‘That’s not faith. That is hate… and if you ask me, God sits up there and cries when that happens’” (160-161). I LOVE this part of the book! I could not agree more. When you really think about all the past and ongoing wars, they all seem to root back to one thing, faith, and I do not believe for one second that God approves of one of his children killing another for their beliefs.
One of my very top moments in the book Is definitely when The Reb says that everyone should repent exactly one day before they die. When you asked “but how do you know it’s the day before you die?” he replied, “exactly,” and shivers immediately went down my spine. That is, in my opinion, some of the best advice a person could give, and the best way a person could live.

Pin It on Pinterest