Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Over the past few weeks, my English class has been on this wonderful journey of the lives of Albert Lewis & Henry Covington through “Have A Little Faith.” There has been so many different ways that this book has touched me. If I started to describe all of them and the meanings to me, I would simply be copying the whole book onto this forum. When the idea of reading this book was brought upon my class, everybody was just like “oh no, another book,” but this book has been like no other book to me. This book is truly meaningful and deep. One of the many parts that truly touched me while reading was a conversation between Mitch and the Reb on page: 212. During this convo, the Reb says something so deep to me. He says, “Nothing haunts like the things we don’t say.” When I came across this part, I started to stop and think. I thought about all the times I could relate to, about how many times I have left words unsaid that have later came back to haunt me. I have always tried to live my life without the thoughts of “what if” being a part of any event in my life. You never really know what may happen in life if you don’t cross bridges and decide which bridges to burn. You will always live your life with a “what if” explanation to everything. The Reb had so much meaning to this phrase when it was said; it truly makes you stop and think. He made me realize that you really never know what a good thing is or what you’ve got until it’s gone and too late to get it back. This book was amazingly wonderful, and it opened my eyes to many things in life in which I had never really put thought into. The whole story in the book has had such an impact on how precious life is, especially through the story of Henry Covington and how he has turned his life around. If this man can turn his life from what it was, to what it is now, then anybody can! I’m very glad that I was able to read this book. It has been a true inspiration, and I’m very thankful that my wonderful English teacher gave us the opportunity to experience this book! Thank You Ms. McHargue!

Pin It on Pinterest