Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Recently my dual credit English class was assigned to read the book have a little faith. My first impression was, “Oh great, another boring book”, but you know what they say, you can’t judge a book by its cover, which absolutely true in this situation. When I began to read what the book was about my opinion changed. I decided the book would be okay. Having two completely different men from totally opposite backgrounds sounded fairly interesting but until I read the book I didn’t realize just how interesting and amazing it was. I have to admit that I am not really what you would call much of “a reader” but I think this book was absolutely amazing and I have an already recommended it to my family, friends and even my boss.
One of my favorite parts of the book comes from page 143; the section where Mitch and the Reb are talking about marriage and love. The Reb begins talking about how love changes. You can have the infatuated kind of love, or real love—that kind of love –the kind you realize you already have by the life you’ve created together-that’s the kind that lasts. I think that this statement is so true and really makes you think about the kind of love that you have, the everlasting kind or simple infatuation?
Have a Little Faith defiantly made me think about myself and my faith. I think that in today’s society things are to hectic and so busy all the time. When you get to be in high school you get so involved in numerous things (school, work, friends, and boyfriend/girlfriend) that you start to fade away from your faith. You become so caught up in everything else you sometimes forget whets really important in life. I think that once you pull away from your faith all is not lost; we see this in the book. The book is about losing your faith and finding it again. The book is a true inspiration and I think that everyone, all ages should read this book. It truly is wonderful.

Pin It on Pinterest