Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Sarah

My English class has just recently finished reading the book “Have A Little Faith” and I must say that it is now my all time favorite book. For the most part I have never liked to just sit an read but once I began reading this book I couldn’t put it down. I don’t even know how to put in words how great the book actually was. Every page had so much to offer. Something about the book that really stands out in my mind is the way that with every situation that was addressed between the reb and Mitch the reb would always give you a different perspective to look at the situation from. At times the words of wisdom that came from the reb would literally give me chill bumps. His words were AMAZING. One of my favorite parts of the whole book was on page 145 when the reb an Mitch were talking about a good marriage and the Mitch ask the reb “what if you don’t commit?” an the reb says “your choice. But you miss what’s on the other side… a happiness you can’t find alone.” I had never really thought about it like that but the happiness of true love is something that you could truly never experience by yourself, and who wants to spend life alone? Even though I love every page of this book one other parts that I absolutely love was the sermon from the reb on page 111 when the little girl is at the airport an the lady says she doesn’t have a home an the little girl replies.. “But we do have a home we just don’t have a house to put it in.” That is a lesson that is very important because it really is the people in your life that are most important not the materials.
Hannah calton

Pin It on Pinterest