Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

For the past few weeks my English 101 class has been reading “Have a Little Faith”. Right before this we read “Tuesdays With Morrie” which is also by Mitch Albom. I thought there was not a way possible that this book would be better than “Tuesdays With Morrie”, but then I was proven wrong. This book touched me, inspired me, and made me think about life in so many ways. From Henry Covington having to battle through poverty to achieve personal greatness later in his life to Albert Lewis going right back to seminary school where he was once rejected. The little mini stories of these two amazing men are what makes this book so great to me. My favorite story of the book is when Henry tells God that if he saves him-when he is hiding behind the garbage cans from the drug dealers he had just stole from- that he can have him in the morning. Also another part that I enjoyed is when Albert talks to Mitch about what faith really is after Mitch wonders if Albert still thinks ritual is important even in his last days. Albert says, “Mitch, faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe” (44). This meant a whole lot to me because it made me realize that you have to do more than just believe in something to have faith. You have to show it. You have to do the things that follow that faith. You have to talk about it. You have to live that faith every day to have faith. This book was truly amazing just like “Tuesdays With Morrie” and I actually think I liked it better. At first I wasn’t so sure, but as I got to know the two men more I realized how special this book and the people were. I really enjoyed “Have a Little Faith”.

Pin It on Pinterest