Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Wow! That’s all I could say after reading this book. I had to read it for my Dual Credit English class and I really was expecting it to be a little more dry considering we had just read Tuesdays with Morrie. I couldn’t have been more wrong. This book was amazing! There is one specific quote that I absolutely loved in this book and it was “My grandparents did these things. My parents, too. If I take the pattern and throw it out, what does that say about their lives? Or mine?” (45). I am from deep in Appalachia and tradition is so deeply rooted here. This quote touches me so deeply because it shows how we are all just bits and pieces of our ancestors. This means something incredibly special to me considering I have loved ones who have passed on. Little traditions that they taught me will let them live on through me and other generations.
There is so much that I could go on and on about with this book. I love getting to know the Reb and learning a little bit about what a man of God goes through more as a person than as this huge holy figure who delivers messages from God. The story of Henry was truly touching, the life he left behind and the faith it had to have taken to keep him where God had placed Him. I have faith in God but I know I wouldn’t have the faith to stay at an old church that was falling apart. This was truly a amazing book and I really enjoyed reading it. It made me reanalyze a few things about my life in several different categories. I really can’t express how good of a book this is. I would recommend it to anyone!

Pin It on Pinterest