Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Thoughts on Have a Little Faith Reply To: Thoughts on Have a Little Faith

My senior english class has recently read two of your books. “Have a little faith” and “Tuesdays with Morrie.” Everytime she would assign a book to read, I would always get stressed out because some we’re just hard to understand, like A Tale of Two Cities. Reading wasnt really a hobby of mine. But when I opened up the first page of “Tuesday with Morrie” I fell in love. It actually made me enjoy reading. I loved the way Morrie looked at life even through the situation he was going through. That enspires me to not think so negativity, even if i’m having a bad day, because there is someone out there who has it worse than me. Then it was time to start reading “Have a Little Faith.” I will be honest in saying that I thought nothing could be better than “Tuesdays with Morrie” but “Have a Little Faith” opened up a part of me that I nevered imagined any book would have to ability to do. When I first read “Will you do my eulogy?” (1), I didnt know what I was getting myself into. But as I contunied to read the inspiring book, I began to understand how although Albert Lewis and Henry Covington practiced such different faiths, that they we’re more similar than different. You mention one of the Reb’s sermons “..how the same things in life can be good or evil, depending on what, with free will, we do with them. Speech can bless or curse. Money can save or destroy. Science can heal or kill. Even nature can work for you or against you: fire can warm or burn; water can sustain life or flood it away” (198). I never really thought about the two sides of everything. But there is a good and bad side of everything, and the way you look at it determines which side you use. Your book really helped me understand the deeper side of everything! I look forward to reading more of your books!

Pin It on Pinterest