Reply To: Humble Thanks

Home Forums Have a Little Faith Humble Thanks Reply To: Humble Thanks

Bfdevine

Mitch,”Have a Little Faiith” never served a greater purpose for me than it did last night.
Yesterday we received the terrible news that Denver, our 11 year old Golden Retriever and best friend, has very advanced bone cancer. His time left with us is measured in days and weeks, not months or years.I had the difficult task of breaking this news to my 18 year old son and 12 year old daughter. This dog is like a sibling, not a pet.Through her tears, my daughter asked me about “how it would end for Denver”, “what we would do with his body”, “can he be cremated and keep the ashes” among other questions. I told her we would “figure out something to do”.Normally, I would have been the first one to “squash” the notion of “saving the ashes” or anything of a ritual or a traditional aspect when it came to a dog. My wife was dumbfounded, in a good way, by my responses. She had only one question: Why?The Reb was right. The people we love, the things we love, all the things that have brought joy, goodness, mercy and grace to our lives, need to be remembered.Denver deserves no less.

Pin It on Pinterest