Reply To: A NOT SO CHANCE ENCOUNTER WAS OUR AFFIRMATION OF HOPE

Home Forums To Mitch A NOT SO CHANCE ENCOUNTER WAS OUR AFFIRMATION OF HOPE Reply To: A NOT SO CHANCE ENCOUNTER WAS OUR AFFIRMATION OF HOPE

Malbom
Keymaster

I just posted this on facebook but i thought i’d post it here as well.

Hi Robyn—Mitch Albom here. Sorry to be late in replying, but I just saw your post. I hope you don’t mind that I’m responding here on the “wall,” but as you received so many comments in reply, I wanted to use this opportunity to also thank the other fans here for being so supportive. Thank you, Robyn, for reaching out to me. I do in fact remember meeting you and your husband, and I’m glad I stopped to speak with you. For the past few months, I feel as if I’ve been living out of airplanes and hotels—meeting you two reminded me why I do book tours despite the long hours and heavy travel: so that I can meet fans like you. I saw that you also posted this note and some of your work on the MitchAlbom.com message boards. I haven’t gotten the chance to look at it yet, and quite frankly, it’s hard for me to keep up with all of these new works and give them the attention they deserve, but I’m glad you took advantage of the forum we created for works such as your own. I know that it takes great courage for any artist—be it a published author, an aspiring writer, a musician, a painter, what have you—to open themselves to the vulnerability that comes when you put your work out there. Kudos to you, and thanks again for reaching out.

Pin It on Pinterest