Reply To: Have Taught not just "read" TWM to classes for over ten years

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Have Taught not just "read" TWM to classes for over ten years Reply To: Have Taught not just "read" TWM to classes for over ten years

Bdolphin2009
Participant

From Denise,

Dear Mitch Albom,

your story inspired me to make more out of life. I started thinking about my grandma, but in a good way. My grandma was everything to me. We were going to the store one afternoon and she started breathing really hard when we got out of the truck. I made her get back in so we could drive home; when we got home I called my mom and told her what happened. My mom made my grandma go to the doctor and we found out she had lung cancer.
My family was tearing itself apart as grandma got worse. My mom went to stay with my grandma so she could help her, me and my brothers were living with my father. He would always tell us that our mom left us to get away because she didn’t love us and I let him brainwash me into thinking my mom hated me and I didn’t focus on my grandma. I remember the last thing I said to my grandma. I said, “I’m going to go into the living room with the boys, ok?” She said, “Yeah baby go ahead.” I said, “I love you grandma.” then gave her a kiss goodnight and she said she loved me too.
As grandma got worse I got more depressed and started training myself to throw out my feelings so I couldn’t feel pain. I try to pretend that nothing ever happened. I talk to her picture we have mounted on the wall all the time but then I start to feel sad so I shut out my emotions. My grandma died November 11, 2014. I am still trying to get my emotions back. Morrie said that love is the most important thing in life, but I am scared to love or be loved.
I have decided to do something to make my grandma proud. I’ve decided to join the military and make something of my life. I am doing it for me and my loved grandma.
I want to thank you, because this movie and book has really started to help me.

Denise

P.S. I found out I might have a tumor in my ear again and the things Morrie said about death and living it made me not so scared. The tumor I have had for 10 years is really dangerous it if reaches my brain. It could kill me but it hasn’t moved. I am not afraid to die, I am afraid not to live. I hope that makes sense. Thank you

Pin It on Pinterest