Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

There are many different books that can teach you a good lesson or two.Tuesdays with Morrie does more than that. The author Mitch Albom Tells a story of his old college professor growing old and dying from the disease of ALS. Albom shares the coversations and “classes” he has with his old professor which all seemed to give the greatest lesson of all. The lesson of Life. “Death ends and life, not a relationship” said by Morrie himself is such a meanful note.It is a quote I will never forget because I have extremely close family and friends and I do believe a reason I am here is to live for them. The reason I am here is because of them and it is impossible to change that. When we pass or one of them leaves this earth the feelings will never change. Love is love and not even death can kill it. “You’re not a wave, you are part of the ocean.” Is a great way to look a life. I am put here for a reason in this sea of people and I have to find what that reason is. I will crash into the bank one day but I realize that I have something to leave for the next generation of my family. I will pass it on to my children and they will pass it on to theirs and so on. The quote “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” Has probably had the biggest impact on my life the past few months. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder about a week ago for simply just panicing over things that many people don’t worry about ,for example death. Any time I heard the word or talked about it I would turn into the mess and have a mental breakdown about why we die and how? Whats going to happen to me? But After reading Morrie and hearing the way he sees things it has changed a lot for me.I have realized that I am going to die and nothing will stop it so Im now trying to live my life to the fullest everyday. I try to do something everyday that I havent before. Whether it be talk to a new person or try a new food. I do it and I think okay,Because of Morrie I am learning just how to live. I am so happy to have read Tuesdays with Morrie. I recommend this read to anyone. It has changed the way I look a life and the way I do things but all in a postive way. I know in years to come I will find myself thinking about this book and all of the lessons this book has taught me.Morrie has taught me one of the greatest lessons in life, and that is to not be scared of life itself.

Pin It on Pinterest