Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

In my college english class we just finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie. It is usually very hard for me to get into books and I’m not the biggest fan of non-fiction. When we first started reading the book I didn’t think I would get through it without dying of boredom but my views completely changed. Tuesdays with Morrie is by far one of the best books I have ever read. This book has so much to offer to everyone. It’s really taught me a lot. One of the quotes that really spoke to me was on page 61: …”you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too –even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling”I absolutely loved this quote. I have the hardest time ever trusting people because of past experiences and this taught me that I need to let go and just not care. Just like I’m doing the exercise to just close my eyes and go for it and hope for the best. Another quote that really touched my heart was on page 174 when Morrie says, “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” My best friend Moose passed away last year in November and I have a very hard time dealing with. People try to tell me all the time that I need to get over it. I learned though that just because he’s dead I don’t have to forget about him, it doesn’t take away the fact that he was my best friend and he will always be the best friend I’ll ever have. I still go to his grave and visit and just talk and Morrie told Mitch in the book that he could do that and he’ll listen. It touched my heart so much. In conclusion I’m so blessed to have had this book come in my life because it has taught me so much. I’d reccomend to it everyone who hasn’t read it yet because they’re really missing out on an amazing book.

Pin It on Pinterest