Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Alliec

After reading this book, I’ve began to see life a little differently. Little things like the wind blowing and the sun rising every morning started to catch my attention. The lessons that Morrie taught Mitch are amazing pieces of advice that everyone who reads this book should keep in the back of their minds. I feel like a personal friend of Morries. Personally, my favorite quote from the book is, “You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too — even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.” The girl in the classroom closed her eyes. I think this is a metaphor for the secret to trust in a relationship. You must trust blindly. Relying on what you feel to guide you in decision making. To trust someone is to close your eyes and fall. Hoping that the person your instincts have told you to trust will catch you and keep you safe. My second favorite quote from the book would be, “Love wins. Love always wins.” I’ve spent most of my life wondering why love has never been important to the people I’ve surrounded myself with and find myself hurt often because I’m a very loving person. Giving love will always be something I’m good at it. I don’t need people to understand why I keep on loving the way I do after I’ve been hurt from opening up my heart to someone, because to me, love always wins, even if it takes awhile. I think I will see myself referring to this book in my future. After this read, I find myself thankful just to be alive. I want to grasp everything in my reach. And out of my reach as well. I pay attention to the little things. And don’t take all the big things for granted. If you’re looking for inspiration, this book is the one to pick up.

Pin It on Pinterest