Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Jwcooper

My English 101 class recently read this book. I had never heard of the book until my teacher introduced it to me. The book and Morrie’s words really inspired me. It taught me many lessons on life, love, forgivness, etc. This was a really great book. One of the greatest lessons it taught me was how to forgive. Toward the end of the book, Morrie says “It’s not just other people we need to forgive, Mitch. We also need to forgive ourselves.” He goes on to say “For all the things we didn’t do. All the things we should have done. You can’t get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened.” This is just very inspiring to me. I mean, we are taught from a young age to forgive other people, but we never really think of forgiving ourselves. But, it is very important. In order to live a happy life, we must be completely at peace with ourselves. Morrie says: “You need to make peace with yourself and everyone around you.” If this man who is dying from ALS can say these words and make peace with himself, then why can’t we when we are young and healthy? Basically everyone tries to make the people around them happy, but doesn’t try to do anything to make them at peace. I had never really thought about making peace with myself, and forgiving myself for all of my regrets in the past. But with reading this book, it made me realize many things. The main one being how to forgive. “Forgive yourself. Forgive others. Don’t wait. Not everyone gets the time I’m getting. Not everyone is so lucky.” From this book I learn that I should do these things such as forgiving when I have the chance. Because as Morrie says, not everyone is as lucky as he is. We all don’t have the time to do these things before we die. I just want to personally thank Morrie for his words of inspiration, and Mitch for publishing their last thesis together. It has taught me many lessons, and gave me many different outlooks on life. The lesson about forgiving is not all that I have learned. The whole book was a learning experience. Once again, Tuesdays With Morrie has inspired me in a way that nothing else could have.

Pin It on Pinterest