Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Khalcomb

I have been required to read many books in the past years during school. I’ve read books for assessments, quizzes, and projects. Rarely have I ever found a book that I have read just for pure enjoyment. Books never really gave much meaning to me; Tuesdays with Morrie, otherwise, has changed my life and my perspectives forever.  One of my favorite series of quotes from Morrie is, “Have you found someone to share your heart with?” ; “Are you giving to your community?” ; “Are you at peace with yourself?” ; “Are you trying to be as human as you can be?”. I believe that if everyone asked themselves these questions, we could all live like Morrie did- in a humble, peaceful, loving manner. Another quote that makes meaning to me is, “I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life.” I have struggles in my life that I am currently living with. I have Crohn’s Disease. I know exactly what Morrie meant by this. Living with Crohn’s Disease is hard, and sometimes I feel sorry for myself. I’ve cried, I’ve prayed, I’ve felt plenty of self-pity. Yet, I stay as positive as I can. I try to forget and be thankful for what I am given instead of mourn upon my disease.A third quote that touches my heart is, “So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” This quote, in my opinion, can relate to anyone. Everyone has felt like this at one point in their life. If we can recognize what’s important in life, we will live a better life.Tuesdays with Morrie was definitely one of the most beautiful and touching books of life lessons I have ever read. Morrie’s words will stay with me for my life time. I truly wish I knew Morrie Schawrtz personally.Thank you Mitch Albom for sharing Morrie’s wisdom and love with the world and my college English class.

Pin It on Pinterest