Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

I just finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie in my English 101 class. Usually, I’m not a big fan of reading but to my surprise I found this book very enjoyable. As I begun reading Tuesdays with Morrie, I found myself encountering numerous quotes that made a lot of meaning to me. There are three that I found more meaning to than others.One of those quotes are “Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do”. I find this quote very comforting. I am, one of many, who try to be a perfectionist but just end up with disappointing results. Because nobody is perfect. To me this quote says that it’s okay that you can’t do this, that there is no reason to beat yourself up over it, figuratively speaking. There will be things you come across that you can’t do and things that you’ll do easily, you just have to figure out which is which.The second quote that I found meaning to is “You have to find what’s good and true and beautiful in your life as it is now”. I always find myself stressing about everything that goes wrong. This quote helps me understand that I shouldn’t stress, but instead focus on the all the good things that’s going right and don’t take them for granted. Enjoy the life that you were given. Now every time I find myself stressing I think back to this quote. I’ll take a second and realize that everything is good, I’m just over thinking.Lastly, “Do the kinds of things that come from the heart. When you do, you won’t be dissatisfied, you won’t be envious, you won’t be longing for somebody else’s things. On the Contrary, you’ll be overwhelmed with what comes back”. I love this quote, mainly because if we guided our life by that rule alone, then we would live much happier lives. Our generation today likes to compare themselves to others and see what they are missing as things that they need to have. If we took Morrie’s advice in this quote then we wouldn’t be distracted by everyone else’s things but blinded by how bless we actually are. Also, the last part of the quote I look at it as if it says what effort you give to be nice to someone they’ll repay you back with that kindness.All in all, The book Tuesdays with Morrie has taught me life lessons that will always be with me. Not only has it changed my perspective on things but its changed me as a person, as well. I’m very glad I had the chance to read this book. I know as life goes on I will find myself referring back to this book and the life lessons in it not just for the amazing read but to help my future self remember what’s most important in life. As well as, helping me cope with whatever obstacle I come across in life.

Pin It on Pinterest