Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Have you ever just read one of those books that you laughed and cried while reading? You could just really tell how they felt in the inside, and you felt the same way as you read it. That’s exactly my perspective on “Tuesdays With Morrie.” I’m not much of an non-fiction book fan but this book has done more than catch my fancy: it captured my heart. Many of Morries aphorisms were simply amazing, however, I had a few that stood out to me the most.One of these aphorisms that really captured my attention was, “we think we don’t deserve love, we think if we let it in we’ll become to soft. But a wise man named Levine said it right. He said, ‘love is the only rational act.'” I think it was this aphorism that meant the most to me because I’ve never really had the best of luck with relationships in the past. The first time I gave my heart away it was broken and after that I thought in the public’s eyes I was a weak, pathetic girl, so I swore I’d never give it away again. I had other relationships and I thought the less love I gave out the less I would get my heart broken. Then all of a sudden I got into a relationship with my boyfriend, Zach Chitwood, and realized that I didn’t need to do that, that I just needed to dive head first with love and pray it turns out right. It’s the only rational act in the world and love is sometimes weird but always works out of the best.Another aphorism is when Morrie was talking about dying, he said, ” once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” This statement made me realize like once you realize you are going to die one day you’ll start living your life to the fullest. When I get as close to death as Morrie was I don’t want to have any regrets. Whether its bungy jumping or just falling in love with whatever I do I just wanna give it my all. You have to give everyday your all because you’ll never get that day back and you’ll be one step closer to dying. I, also, just loved Morrie’s positive attitude he had about dying because most people look at it as a curse or something awful, thinking they’ll never die. But he wanted to take in his last days as much as he could and I admire that more than anything and want to start doing that during all my activities in my life: just to take it all in. A third aphorism is when Morrie talks about age, he said, “how can I be envious of where you are– when I’ve been there myself?” It made me think back to all the times my mom has cried over her age and be envious of people in their twenties. And I’ve heard other grown up figures talk about how they hate our age and they’ve been that age and know how hard it was to be that age. I don’t want to be like that, I want to grow old so I’ll become a much wiser person. Plus, I want to embrace age not try to act like I’m younger than I really am it envious of younger people. I’ve even looked at small kids before thinking it would be so easy to be them and get babied, rather than have all this college homework, but u got to be their age and get babied once. Ist pasted that time and I have to live for the age I am now and look foward to the future bit back at the past. “Tuesdays with Morrie” was simply one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read. I feel like I will use these aphorisms for the rest if my life or already think back to them. They are just such words if wisdo that people my age doesn’t get to hear much and more. I feel like Mitch pulled out all stops with this book and Morrie gave it his all just to finish. I hope to think back to this book whenever I need these aphorisms or need a wise kid man to talk too. I would recommend this book over any other book and look foward to reading other Mitch Alboms books

Pin It on Pinterest