Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Recently in my english class we completed reading this novel. Personally I really enjoyed the story of Morrie.Here are three quotes I enjoyed and learned from:1. “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” -MorrieMorrie says this on their furth tuesday together while they discuss death. He feels that now people no lnger believe that one day they will die and they don’t live there lives as full as they should and have regrets when their time of death grows near. He feels once we accept death and know it’s coming we learn how to live our lives to the fullest. 2. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”Morrie says this during the first Tuesday together. He thinks many people feel if they let lve in it’ll make them weaker and softer. He also says “love is the only rational act” which I think also ties into this. He really pushes this to Mitch because Mitch is one of the people who thinks things like that make you soft according to Morrie.3. ” Death ends a life, not a relationship.” -MorrieThis is one of my favorite quotes from the book. Morrie thinks that as long as we remember the relationship and know the feeling of the love we had that we can die without ever going away. This quote really means a lot to me because it reminds me of when I lost my grandfather. Morrie says after we die we live on in the hearts of those we have touched during our lives. This also goes back to Morries belief in always showing and having love in your life. Not only can we have loving relationships with people on Earth when we die if we are loved and remembered in the hearts of others we will live on in the hearts f the ones we loved. At the end of the story at Morries funeral Mitch has an internal conversation and it shows that Morrie finally got through to him and it really shows the meaning of this quote. Morrie always tells him he’ll get to him some day and at the end it really shows that Morrie did get to him.

Pin It on Pinterest