Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie Reply To: Lessons from reading Tuesdays With Morrie

Tuesdays with Morrie was such an amazing book. I loved every minute that I spent reading it. It was so inspirational. Since I started reading it, I have learned to embrace the world with a different outlook. I’ve started to love people more and enjoy all the little things. Morrie has taught not only me, but my entire English 101 class, to appreciate things that we would normally not acknowledge. We were told to choose three quotes from the book that we really loved, it was a hard decision choosing from all of Morrie’s amazing wisdom. The first quote that I chose was one that I fell in love with as soon as I read it. “As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away.” I love this quote because I lost my grandmother. She was absolutely an amazing women. She was my Morrie. She taught me so many things that I will forever keep with me in life. But, most importantly she gave me love. For a long time after she died, I felt like I was never going to feel that love again, that I would forget her love. But, Morrie has taught me that it will always be there. Even if I forget sometimes and feel as though no one loves, her love will always be around me.The second quote is also about love: “Without love, we are birds with broken wings.” Loving people shouldn’t be as hard as we make it today. We constantly push it away. But, we don’t realize that love is all the we have. We are nothing without love. We think that when we love people it somehow makes us weaker but it doesn’t, it makes us stronger. Love should make people feel like they can conquer everything in life. It should makes us feel like we want to be better people. I know that if there was more love in the world, it would be so much better. We wouldn’t worry about the things that don’t matter as much. Love makes us bettter human beings. I wish that we could all love as much as Morrie did. “…the young are not wise. They have very little understanding about life.” This quote has made me think alot about my life, and what I’m doing with it. I’m only 17, and I know that being young comes with many mistakes. It also comes with the attitude that we know everything. But in reality, we know nothing about what life really means. But, that’s okay because were young. We’re not supposed to be born with tons of wisdom. We were born to grow. Not just in body, but also in wisdom. We make mistakes and learn from them. Sometimes we learn the bad things, and other times we learn for the good. I hope that when I’m older all the mistakes that I make will make me a better person.I’m so thankful for the book Tuesdays with Morrie. I have never read a book that has impacted my life as much as this one. It has taught me to be a better person and have a greater outlook on life. I thank Morrie Schwartz for this. Even though he wasn’t my teacher, he has taught me so many amazing things. I hope that when I’m older I will be as wise as Morrie was and will be able to teach and inspire others as he did.

Pin It on Pinterest