Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Ashley

Recently, I have been reading Tuesdays With Morrie in my English class. I have enjoyed it so far. It really makes me think a little different about life itself. To enjoy being around the ones I love and to try to be happy as much as I can. Morrie I have to say has really inspired me. I havent finished the book yet, but I cant wait to. I love alot of what Morrie says in this book. One of my all time favorite quotes is “Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldnt. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you shouldnt never take anything for granted. A tension of oppesites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle”p40. That quate makes me think…yeah thats true. Too bad everyone doesnt see life as Morrie sees it. Maybe then, people would do alot of things differnently. Maybe the world would be just a little better. I love the quote about the Buddhists, “…Every day, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks, ‘Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to day? Am I being the person I want to be?’ “p81. I think that recently I have gained a little bird on my shoulder. Except I think mine says, ‘Be happy, as you want to be happy. Do as much good as you can in your life before you cant anymore’. Yeah, I think everyone needs a little bird, or maybe not even a bird, tell yourself that happiness is what you need and enjoy everything while you still have it. I dont doupt it if Morrie has inspired alot of people. As I read about him, I think maybe he is what the world needs; a little dose of Morrie. He seemed like he was such a deep, sincere man. I wish I could have met him. I really enjoy this book, and I dont even like to read! I cant wait to finish it and hope to get to read another one of Mitch Albom’s books soon.

Pin It on Pinterest