Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Recently my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie and I’ve fallen completely in love with it. This book has so much meaning to me, and I just wanted to share a few of my favorite quotes.”Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.” (p. 18) This quote really speaks to me, it’s truly one of my favorites. You have to accept your past for what it is, you cannot change it no matter how bad you want to. Although you must not deny it, or act as if it isn’t there, you have to learn from your mistakes. We all make mistakes, we’re human. You can’t look forward and focus on your future if you’re stuck in the past!”So many people walk around with a meaningless life … The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, . . . and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” (p. 43) This is so true, so many people only focus on money and material things. If you don’t have love in your life then you don’t fully understand what it means to be truly happy. People take life as just a game, they don’t focus on the things that truly matters. The things that truly give your life meaning is family and friends. This quote really opened my eyes to that.”The most importnant thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” (p.52) This quote taught me that love is a very powerful thing, and you should never be selfish with it. Without love, you’ll never achieve happiness. I think about times when i was so down and depressed, all i wanted was someone to say they were there for me and they loved me. I believe that is why I love this quote so much, because learning to love and showing that you love someone is important. Letting love come in is just as important, if you turn away from love and the people who try to show you affection, you’ll be lonely.”Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too – even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.” (p.61) I love this quote, it has a lot of meaning to me. I have a hard time trusting people, but this quote made me look at things in a different perspective. It makes so much sense, if you trust people then people will trust you. The thing is, you have to continue to put your trust in people, even when you don’t know what’s going to happen.Tuesdays with Morrie is an amazing book. I’m so glad I’ve had the chance to read it because it has already made such an impact on my life! I’ve had the chance to look at so many things in a new perspective, that I never would have if it weren’t for this book. I wish I could have had the chance to talk to Morrie, he was truly amazing. Even though I didn’t really know Morrie, I’ll never forget his life lessons!

Pin It on Pinterest