Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

I have recently read Tuesdays with Morrie in my English class and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of quotes or sayings in this book have really impacted me, and become some of my favorite quotes. Here are a few of them:

“So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half asleep,…” pg. 43
To me this means that a lot of people just run around with no purpose in life chasing things that could never bring them peace and happiness. So their lives are meaningless, they are living for the wrong things and can’t seem to find what they are looking for. This touched me because sometimes I do chase after the wrong things, sometimes I head in the complete opposite direction than I should be, I’m completely unhappy during those times and miserable, but then God gets me right back on track and I’m happy again, my life then has meaning, when I’m loving others and giving my life a purpose.

“Everyone knows they’re going to die, but nobody believes it.” pg. 80
This is so true! So many people walk around like nothings ever going to happen to them. They won’t die, but everyone does. There comes a time and a place where everyone is going to die. This put my life in perspective, like I now know that I need to be happy and life live to its fullest being with the people I love and cherish, while I’m still here. This whole book taught me that. That and that I need to do the things I want to do, and say the things I want while I’m still here to say and do them. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

“… Without love, we are birds with broken wings.” pg.92
I absolutely love this quote! It is one of my favorite ones in the entire book. Those simple lines have so much meaning. In life there is always someone that you are going to love, usually more than one person. You love your friends, you love your family, and you love that certain someone, but there is always someone to love. What would your life be without it? It would be nothing, your life would be nothing without love, because everyone does it and that’s what this quote is saying. That without love in our life, our life is just like a bird with broken wings. It can’t fly or anything. It is pretty much dead. So therefore, without love in our lives, our lives mean nothing, they are nothing.

I absolutely love this book and have enjoyed reading it more than you know. I wish I had a Morrie, someone to teach me all the time. I not only fell in love with this book and all of Morrie’s quotes, but with Morrie. He was such a loving person, and I know that it must have been an awesome experience to have known such a man as Morrie.

Pin It on Pinterest