Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

12emiddl

English class to me always means reading some sort of book that is pointless and I always hate and never get into. At my school, this has been an issue for me since my freshman year. I absolutely HATE reading anything. I’ve literally read 4 books completely through in all 17 years of my life. Recently, my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie. At first, I very seriously dreaded this book. Within the first few pages, I really got interested on what was going on. Now I’m surprisingly attached and have fallen in love with this book and Morrie Schwartz as well. In this book, there are so many quotes and life lessons I just can’t get enough of. So, I’m going to share a few of my favorites.
“Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do”; “Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it”; “Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others”; “Don’t assume that it’s too late to get involved.” (p. 18) I love all of these quotes Morrie jotted down because they make such an impact on my life and encourage me to do the same in my own life. I have trouble forgiving myself and others as well. I also have trouble letting go of the past. And sometimes even accept the fact that some things just aren’t for me. So, when I read this it really gave me courage to be a stronger person, just as Morrie was.
“…You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn’t. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted… Love wins. Love always wins. ” (p.41) I love you quote as well. Don’t all teens plan on doing one thing and then end up doing the completely opposite? I’m very easily distracted. I let a lot of things hurt me, when I really shouldn’t let them get to me. I also take alot of things for granted, especially when it comes to family and things they do for me. I never noticed how much they really did for me until I started reading this book.
“…you let go, let the tears flow, feel it completely…I’m not afraid of feeling lonely, but now I’m going to put that loneliness aside…” (p.105) This quote puts me in mind of alot of break ups that other people, and myself as well go through. People get so physically, mentally and emotionally attached to another person that they almost loose it when they separate. I have actually been there myself before. This quote helps me to let go and cry it out and then realize there is more to life than just that person.
Tuesdays with Morrie has really impacted my life in so many ways. It’s unreal how one person can make such an impact on so many lives. Morrie was a very special many and kind of a hero to me. I’m glad I have had the chance to read this book. It is a really amazing book that has made such a huge effect on my perspective in life.

Pin It on Pinterest