Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

A few weeks ago during my third period English 101 class, my teacher introduced a book to me that has already took afftect on my life, I have heard quotes about life and how it works, what you should do, how you should act in certain situations, Never have I fully understood the meaning of any of them sayings until Morrie explained them to Mitch in a way I could never forget..Ever. There are three quotes I read that touched my heart and actually made me think, wow that’s so true!, What if that did happen?, and what would I do if I were in that position?. Which brings me to my first quote:
On page 43. Morrie tells Mitch “So many people walk around with a meaningless life…. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others.” This meant alot to me not only because the statment Morrie made is very true but because of the fact that I do this so much, I walk around carying everything on my shoulders. Some days I act like i’m not even alive in this world, I find myself never having anything good to say and I should’nt be that way by no means. I need to take every day One step at a time and I do need to devote myself to certain things an try to do better with how I act towards people, my work an to Myself.
A second quote I found that made me ashamed is on page 56-57. When Mitch ask Morrie if he felt sorry for himself. Morrie replys: “Sometimes in the morning” he said. “I feel around my body…. I mourn the slow isidious way in which I’m dying. But then I stop…. I give myself a good cry when if I need it but then I concentrate on all the good things in my life…. ” I honestly don’t even want to talk about how terrible I am at this sometimes but i’m not going to lie about it because im truthful. I do feel sorry for myself and I’m sure I have done it Plenty of times an not even know it because I’m so spoiled and I don’t take the time to look at what is standing right infron of me, I don’t stop and realize hey that could me in their situation, or stop to think I need to be moe appreciative because one day everything could be gone and I would be left with the biggest regrets, I would feel so embarassed that I would rather crawl under a rock and die. I need to pay way more attention to the things I have right now because one day the ones I love the most won’t be here forever or I could die early, and the whole time I had them I could’ve been making the best moments/memories of my entire life.
A third quote that has always meant something to me, that I have heard all my life is on page 91 when Morrie says, ” If you don’t have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don’t have much at all. Love is so supremely important.”I couldn’t agree more with this quote i’ve always been touched by this and now that I’m older I understand that this is such a true statement. When I was little I would count on my friends to always be there because I thought they would, but now that I know not everyone is your friend an you can’t always hand out your trust so easy, but you can to the ones YOU KNOW will never turn there back on you, I’m so grateful to have the family I do, I don’t think I could make it through as far as I have without them. There my support through absolutely everything I do! I need to thank God a trillion times a day that he has Blessed me with so much more than I deserve.
I could go on and on about quotes that Morrie has said and taught through out this story, I can’t wait to finish the book this weekend. I’m so glad Mitch Albom wrote this book it’s absolutely amazing and i’ve never read ANYTHING like it!

Pin It on Pinterest