Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

SDozier21

Lately, my English 101 class has focused its attention to Tuesdays with Morrie. I actually hate to read but this book has opened my eyes to new outlooks on life and has reminded me about the important things in life. This book will teach any kind of person how to live a full life. I hope as i read on throughout the book that this man (Morrie) will continue to surprise me with his wise thoughts. “Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.” (p. 18) This, without a doubt, has to be my favorite quote so far. I feel like i can relate to it with many situations/relationships in my life. What he says here is pretty self explanitory. Remember your past because it is what has made you who you are today, but leave it where it belongs… in the past. Since you can not change your past, you must learn from your mistakes and press on. Turn what was a weakness into a new strength. If you can not learn to do this you will never be able to accept yourself for who you are nor accept others for who they are. “…if you’re ever going to have people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too.” (p.61) This is another one of my favorite quotes because it is so true. If you want someone to trust you, you have to give trust in return. You have to give a little, to get a little. In any relationship, whether it’s a mother – daughter relationship, siblings or a dating relationship, you have to have trust. Without trust you have nothing. Like the quote says, trust is never one sided. No one person can ever be trusted, if they can’t learn to trust themselves. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” (p.52) When I stumbled across this, it really caught my attention. Love is a very important essential to a persons life. In life, you have to give love and show affection to the ones you care about to let them know that it’s okay for them to show you love in return. When you shut people out and you won’t let love in, you push out of your life all the ones that are important to you. Then one day you’ll look around and realize if you just would have let love in, you would have been a happier person in the long run. Show love so you can receive it. In what little I have read so far, I have learned so much from Morrie. He is a very inspiring and extraordinary person. He has taught me to accept the past, to trust someone, and how to give love out to let love in. I can’t wait to read on and see what other life lessons Morrie has in store for me.

Pin It on Pinterest