Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Drewskii

My english class has been reading Tuesdays With Morrie recently, so I just thought I would share some of my favorite quotes. On page 52 there is a quote that Morrie says that I really like “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let love come in.” I definantly agree with this quote, the moment I learned this lesson, my life instantly improved, when i learned how to love and let love come in, I became so much happier, and now I don’t see how my life could get any better than it already is, yet somehow everyday, it does, all because of love. Another quote that i really like is on page 35, “You have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn’t work, don’t buy it. Create your own.” I believe that instead of following the culture set in front of them, by other people, everyone should create their own culture, if the culture makes you feel bad then don’t be a part of it, be yourself and create your own culture, if you do you will feel much better about yourself and be much happier. The last quote I would like to share that I really liked starts on page 120 ” The truth is, part of me is every age….how can I be envious of where you are – when I’ve been there myself? ” I definantly agree with this quote, the older you get, the more you learn, you get wiser, and more intelligent, why would you want to be younger when you have already been that age? You should want to keep going foward instead of wasting time wishing you could go back to when you were younger, because it is pointless, keep moving foward and live your life to the fullest, I don’t ever wanna look back and say “Man I wish I could be 16 again” or any age for that matter, I want to keep moving foward, im not gonna waste my life trying to go back. This book has tought me many things, it is amazing and I have learned so much while reading it. Thank you so much for writing it.

Pin It on Pinterest