Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Recently I have been reading Tuesdays with Morrie, in all honesty this is probably one of the best books I’ve ever read, and there are a few quotes I was drawn to or had a personal connection with:

(P.52) One quote I was drawn to is “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give love out, and to let it come in.” For me this is a very personal thing. I can say that I believe that almost no one person truly knows what to do with love. So many people tell each other that they love each other but they don’t truly know the meaning of this. Love is not just a word to me, it’s a sense of feeling, a since of knowing that no matter what that there is at least this one, or few, people will be here for you no matter what you do. Love is not a thing I take likely, but when I do say that I love something or someone I mean it.

(P.43) another quote I was drawn to is “So many people walk around with a meaningless life…the way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others…” This was such a touching quote to me because of the reality of it all. People walk around every day living alone without a since of purpose, without a knowing of what they are meant to do or be. But if you accept the fact that you have a purpose, a calling, a knowing that you are here for a reason you will find meaning in this life. I think I have found my calling in the fast food industry, and of all places McDonalds. Knowing that every happy meal I sell, every penny I put in the charity box gives a needy child hope for a brighter day, a knowing that someone out there really cares and isn’t just saying they do.

(P.91) a final quote I was drawn to, probably the most touching and short one I was drawn to is “love each other or perish.” YES, this is all I have to say to this. Give a since of love to the world, love everyone not just a select few people. Live your life giving it to others. I am nowhere near a “Christian” person but I firmly believe that no matter what you should love people, regardless of how they are. Don’t dwell on what people have done to you, look at what they haven’t done to you, what good they have in them and love them for it. If someone is smart then don’t dislike them because they may have a better grade than you, love them for it.

Here are a few of the many life lessons Morrie has left us with, and how I reacted to them

Pin It on Pinterest