Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Nickcox17

For the past few weeks my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie. This is an emotional, but uplifting book. I personally love the book. There are so many things in the book that Morrie has said that makes me think, or that I agree with. The following are examples of each.”The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” (Pg. 52) This is a very strong quote that I believe in. In today’s world, many people are blinded by all of the materialistic influence that is prevalent throughout society. They’re forced into believing that if you don’t have a six digit annual income, a multimillion dollar mansion, a fancy car, or money just to blow around on anything and everything that you’re not good enough. That is what causes people to lose sight of what is truly important, which is love toward all. I personally believe that without love, a person is worthless, whether they have all of the previously mentioned things or not. Without love, there is no kindness. There is no mercy, no goodness at all. Without love we are nothing. That’s what Morrie was talking about when he said this. He was talking about showing love to everyone not just the people close to us. Everyone deserves love, some believe that they don’t, but “Love is the only rational act.” (Pg. 52) This is what makes us human. Nothing else can love the way that we, as humans, do.”You see…if you’re ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too-even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.” This is by far my most favorite quote in Tuesdays with Morrie simply because I can relate it to myself. I’m not a person that can give my trust out to everyone. I’ve had so many problems being able to trust people. I’ve been lied to so many times, and it’s just hard to give people chances, but that’s not right. Yeah, I can go around and tell everyone (my friends and family) that they can trust me. I try my best to be someone that can help out no matter the problem, if someone wants to come to me they can, but yet I won’t go to anyone with my problems. It’s just hard to give my trust out with the things that I’ve been through. But after I came across this quote in the book, I started thinking. How am I going to be trusted if I’m not giving out my trust in return? Answer is simple: I’m not. They’re never going to tell me everything that is going on if they know that my trust isn’t with them, and I finally understand why my friends and family never come to me to talk. I bet though that if I were to open up to them, to tell them some of the things that are going on in my life, they’d be more apt to want to talk to me about their problems as well.

Pin It on Pinterest