Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

JCarroll

There are many quotes in this book that came from Morrie that I absolutely love. There are a few that are very close to my heart though. One of them is what he says on (pg. 82): “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live”. In my mind, I think of this that most never even think or care about their death at all unless they have to worry about it. So these people who have no worry of death just try to go through life normally. But you can be assured that when these people find out that their going to die, THEN they try to live life by the fullest. So basically, what I think that Morrie is trying to let Mitch know is, live life to the fullest while you’re still at a young age. In (pg. 18), he wrote down a quote which states “Accept the past as the past…” I love this quote because I do believe myself that you don’t need to grieve about the bad things that have happened in your past. There’s no changing the past no matter what you did. It’s permanent. The more you grieve about your past, the more it can affect all of the possible great things that you could do in your future. If you think on something that happened in the past that is good and positive, then you can very well accept it as a good thing. Even if it’s bad, accept it just as much as you would if it was good, learn from the mistake you made, and look on to the things that you can do in your future. Another quote here made me step back and think a little bit on how I need to plan my life. On (pg. 64), he quotes “We’re so wrapped up with egotistical things, career, family, having enough money…” I agree with this so much because in these times now, people are always trying to get their hand on the newest thing all of the time. People always say “I have to get this new car” or “I have buy this and that”. You need to step back and look at your life and think about what you’re truly doing. These types of egotistical people need to do something that would give them a much better purpose. Buying material things will not give them much purpose. I also believe that behind this quote is another quote that connects to it that saying: ‘There’s a huge difference between a need and want’. People always say “I NEED a sports car” and “I NEED a large two-story house”. What you really need is love and friendship. Those material things will eventually go away, but that love and friendship will always be there.

Pin It on Pinterest