Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Recently my English 101 class in high school has been reading Tuesdays With Morrie. While reading the book I have found alot of quotes, conversations, and storys that I have really enjoyed and they mean something to me. Each and every word in the book is amazing, but here are some of what my favorites have to be.
“Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do; accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it; learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others; don’t assume its too late.” (P.18). I always believe that its too late. Its too late to accept my past, to move on and make peace with it. Its too late to fix what might be broken, its too late to forgive myself and others. Is it that I’m afraid, embarrassed, scared, just don’t know how, or maybe all of the above. This is something i’ve never thought about before until I read it out of the book. Morrie’s words and how he lives by them when so many other people, including me, find it so difficult to do, it inspires me.
“Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do something, but you are bound to something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn’t. You take certain things for granted… So which side wins? Love wins. Love always wins.” (P. 40). Beautiful, isn’t it? Love is the key to success, we all know that, but in the midst of being pulled back and forth we forget and our battle is unsuccessful. If we would only listen to Morrie’s words and fight for love, or with love then i believe in the end we will win. Morrie has showed me that i should start focusing more on love when I go through these pulls and I will do so.
“Without love we are birds with broken wings.” (P.92). I believe that without love were just going through life looking for something to complete it. Without love our life is empty, uncompleted. Each and every person on this planet is meant to find love, and not just for something, but for someone. Rather its a parents, grand-parent, sibling, significant other, your child, or a close friends, we are meant to find love and have it in out lives. I believe that if Morrie was still alive he would agree with me and I think him for his words.
In conclusion, Morrie has some very inspritaul words of wisdom and I highly recomend this book for everyone. I have enjoyed what i’ve read in the book so far and cannot wait to finish.

Pin It on Pinterest