Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Caleb.81

Here for the past few weeks, my English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays with Morrie. I’m not much of a reading person, but this book has changed my total outlook of reading. Its amazing how Morrie lived the last part of his life in acceptance of death. Along with his final footsteps of life he left some great quotes that relate to me and my life. One quote that really stood out to me was “Don’t cling to things, because everything is impermanent.” (p. 103) I’ve never been clingy about anything, so I feel like this quote really speaks out to me. It also has helped me with letting go of somethings that Ive lost in the past such as family members that have passed away and friends that have came and went. Another quote that really stood out to me was “When you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” (p.104) I’ve learned that life is always going to be to short, and most people live in fear of death. What this quote means to me is that when you finally come to decission to accept that death is going to happen and that is one of the only promises in this world, you can finally live your life. I’ve came to the conclusion that I dont fear it, because it will happen, this quote gave me strength to realize that, and by doing so I feel like my lifes improved a little each day. “… love is how you stay alive, even after your gone.”(p.133) This quote really stood out to me, because Ive always been afraid of being forgotten after I pass on. With this quote on mind I realize that Im loved by many of people,not incliding family. Ive been scared of being forgotten because at times I catch myself forgetting some of my lost loved ones, but then I always remember them, because I do and always will love them. The strongest quote would have to be “So many people walk around with a meaning less life… This is because they are chasing the wrong thing… and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” (p.43) This has to be the strongest one towards me, because almost everyone has devoted their lives trying to understand the meaning behind life. Myself I have sat and thought about what my meaning and purpose was, and this quote connects to me where it mentions helping others. My whole life I’ve never worried about what Ive wanted, but more of what everyone else wanted and what made them happy. Even though ther are many other quotes that Morrie has said that speak to me and my life, these were the few I think spoke more to me and related so much more to me and life, and even helped me understand some obstacles.

Pin It on Pinterest