Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Mandalynn

My senior english class is reading Tuesdays with Morrie. When I first started reading the book I didn’t think I was going to like it very much. But now I am over half way through the book and I really like it. There are many great quotes in this book. I really like what Morrie says on page 81 when they are talking about death and Morrie says, “Everyone knows they’re going to die, but nobody believes it.” I really like this quote because it it so true. Death is a very real and a very difficult thing. It is something everyone has to face but we don’t want to, so we try to deny it. It really is a hard thing to tell yourself that you are not always going to be here, that there will be a day when you will have to face death. I know in my life, I know people that have died but I can’t imagine myself dying right now. But Morrie is a example that death is a real thing and I think he is different from most people because he knows it’s going to happen and he accepts it. His advice to us is on page 81 where he says, “To know you’re going to die, and to be prepared for it at any time.” This is a very good way to look at life because you have no choice but to face death. You need to be prepared and not regret the way you have lived your life.Probably my favorite part of the book so far is on page 40 where Morrie and Mitch are talking about the tension of opposites. “Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing but you are bound to do something else…” Mitch compares this to a wrestling match and asks which side wins and Morrie replies, “Love wins. Love always wins.” I love this so much because love is such an important thing in life. Because life is always going to pull you in different directions and you are always going to have to face hard thing in life and a lot of the time you don’t know how do deal with it. What he says is look to where love comes in. Because love is the greatest thing that there is in life. Everything good is based on love. Without love we have nothing and it will “always win” if you put it first in your life. Morries loved others and that is what he encouraged Mitch and others to do. it is an important thing to have and you can’t be happy with out it.

Pin It on Pinterest