Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Alexis_G

My senior English 101 class has recently been reading Tuesdays With Morrie, and I would have to say that it is one of the most loving, and touching books that I have ever read. It is just simply one of the best books I have ever laid my hands one, and i’m glad that I had the opportunity to read it. Morrie was such an inspirational person, and I would have loved to have been able to meet him. His words had such power, and have touched my heart in so many way. My outlook on life change completely since I began reading this amazing book. Many of Morrie’s aphorisms have really touched me, and made an impact on my life. It was really hard to choose just a few of them, but here are some of my absolute favorites.

“Forgive yourself before you die. Then forgive others.” (p.164) By reading this, I began forgiving just about everyone that had ever hurt me, or had done anything hurtful to me that I was holding a grudge against. There is no reason to hold a grudge on someone for forever, you never know when it might be your time to die. It could be today, tomorrow, or 50 years from now, we don’t know. So why not be friends or have conversation with people, because they did something to hurt you at one point in time, it could be the last time you see them, and you don’t want your last words to somebody to be something hateful. So make up with people, and forgive yourself for anything you may regret doing or saying.

“If you don’t have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don’t have much at all. Love is so supremely important.” (p.91) My family, is my everything. With out them I would have nothing. They are my inspiration, my light, my joy, my reason for waking up in the mornings, and my haven in this heartless world. If I didn’t have my wonderful family, I truly don’t know where I would be. I am extremely blessed to be able to the caring and loving family that I have, and I thank God for them every chance I get. They are exactly what Morrie says, my love and support.

“Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too – even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.” (p.61) This is so true. If you are EVER going have anybody to trust you, you have to trust them first. I mean come on, how can you trust somebody if they don’t trust you? You Can’t. You need to trust everybody, that is until they break your trust, even then you must be able to give them just a little bit of your trust when needed. Even if you have been hurt, even when you’re unsure, even when you’re in the dark.

Morrie was a extraordinary person, and I cant wait to finish reading this book.

Pin It on Pinterest