Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Ty12

My Dual credit English class has recently started on the book Tuesdays with Morrie.
I’m not much of a reader, but i will pick up a good book from time to time,
And this my friend is a GREAT book. Morrie Schwartz in which whom this book is about
made many like assumptions and aphorisms about life, heres a few i really enjoyed.

“Accept the past as the past, without denying it or discarding it.” p.18 This was one of my top favorite quotes,I felt like I had really came into this quote because theres been some times in my life where things that I not accepted or came into terms with that i needed to let go of. After I read this quote it made me really sit back and think do i need to hold onto what cant be changed, or move on with life,I realized that Morrie was right. There’s no regrets, just lessons learned and without them, I would not be the person I am today.

“Love wins. Love always wins.” p.40 I love love love this statement, it really is the truth. Whenever i read this it just makes soo much sense to me, you could be in a fight with your boyfriend/girlfriend and have an ugly breakup, you guys go seperate ways but one of you stil has feelings that cant be unleashed because the other person has moved on. There should be no fear, “love always wins” you can use this quote in any manner, any prospective you would like but when all else fails love NEVER does.

“…Every day, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks, ‘Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to day? Am I being the person I want to be?’ “p81. I think that recently I have gained a little bird on my shoulder. Because everyday is a new opportunity to do something more with your life, everyday you wake up is time to find you, become you, do what makes you happy. My little bird often says Do as you can in your life before you cant anymore. You only have 1 life to live, do it the right way. Inspire people accomplish new goals, ask yourself. “is today the day?” by this quote i’m almost sure Morrie has inspired alot of people.

“Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldnt. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you shouldnt never take anything for granted. A tension of oppesites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle” p40. This quote is so true, we all have those times where you need to do something you’re suppose to do something, but theres what you want to do. Theres always things others have that you want, and the nonsatisfaction of what you already have in life. This made me sit and think of everything i had to be thankful for, and really take things into consideration, that i have it good compared to others so to be thankful.

“So many people walk around with a meaningless life…devote yourself to create something that gives you purpose and meaning.” p.43 When you think about it so many people do this. I even find my self wasting vauable days that i could be doing something meaningful, but instead i’m laying around, watching tv, or playing on facebook it. It really bothers me that it takes the idea of death, or an actual death for people to open their eyes and appreciate life. I know i get clouded by the day to day lifestyle we have as humans but i try to bring myself back down from it all, and remember life is only temporary when you’re gone from this Earth do you want to be remembered for something good like Morrie? or do you want to be forgotten. This quote really opens my eyes and makes me remember to have a purpose in life, not to just go through the motions of life…Live!

Those were just a few minor quotes that really touched me, we’re not quiet finished yet but i’m sure i will be bringing more to the site pretty soon.
I cant wait to finish the book off, and have plenty more quotes to live by/ post.

Pin It on Pinterest