Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

Katherine

Recently my D.C. English class has been reading Tuesdays With Morrie. When my teacher first gave it to us I was like great it’s gonna be a boring book. As soon as I read the first page I basically fell in love with it!! Here are some quotes that have made a huge impact on the way I look at life now…
“Accept the past, without denying it or discarding it…” {pg.18}
This has made me realize that everybody, at some point in their live does something they regret. But this makes you realize that you got to move on with your life. You have to accept what happened and how it happened. Along with the result of it. You can’t change it so why not just look at it as an experience that made you the person you are today.
“Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel…” {pg. 61}
I can really relate to this because it is honostly the truth. Sometimes you can’t go with what you see. You have to go from the heart. You have to believe in yourself that what you’re feeling is what is right. No matter how crazy it seems at the time, you have to believe that is will all work out in the end. This is why this quote from Tuesdays With Morrie hits home I think to a lot of people.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out of love, and how to let love come in.” {pg.52}
Love…Well to me that’s a hard thing to do. But this has shown me that to be loved & to feel loved you have to give love to recieve it. You have to let love come in when it is hard to do…So that is why this is one of my favorite quotes.
“Without love, we are birds with broken wings.” {pg.80}
Where on this earth would we be without love. No where, because with love everything is possible. Love teaches you so many things. It teaches that no matter what happens you will always have it.
I have found such meaning in all these quotes, and I cannot wait to find more in this book. That when I started reading it I thought it was just going to be another book. Well instead it has taught me somethings on life, and love.

Pin It on Pinterest