Reply To: Thoughts

Home Forums Tuesdays with Morrie Thoughts Reply To: Thoughts

My English 101 class has been reading Tuesdays With Morrie, and what an experience it’s been! We’ve seen, read and learned about a lot of new things and a great guy that we are finding we love but haven’t had the privelage to personally meet. So touching is this story that each quote and sentence has been delicately touched and thought of.
“. . . There is no foundation, no secure ground, upon which people may stand today if it isn’t the family. . . If you don’t have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don’t have much at all. Love is so supremely important. As our great poet Auden said, ‘Love each other or perish’.” (p. 91)
– This quote made me think of all the different people there are and how different the personalities. All the people who rebel because that’s what they’ve always known, and all the people who can’t wait for the next time they’ll see their kids and/or parents. Everything you do or see has a sort of love in it and the way you see and look at it is the amount of love and feeling you have in yourself.
“. . . How we feel lonely, sometimes to the point of tears, but we don’t let those tears come because we are not supposed to cry. Or how we feel a surge of love for a partner but we don’t say anything because we’re frozen with the fear of what those words might do to the relationship.” (p. 105)
– I do this. I don’t cry when I want to the most if I’m around people. I hold it in, fight it with everything I have. I don’t like letting people see me cry, I normally feel that I should be strong and keep the tears back until I know I’m alone. I don’t like looking weak and to me that’s what it looks like. There are certain occasions that I don’t mind people to see my tears, but mostly I do mind.
– Words in a relationship are words that can never be taken back. That is my quote. I’ve had that surge and that fear that held me back from saying anything. I’m also letting that fear take over now. It happens to everybody at least once.
When my English teacher told my class that we would read a non-fiction, I pouted and grunted. I judged before even considering, now I apologize for my actions and thank my teacher. I honestly love this book. The first non-fiction I’ve ever read and a very good one it is. Thank you Mitch Albom for sharing Morrie with us!

Pin It on Pinterest